Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sincronizada ala Julia

I woke up this morning craving for quesadillas for breakfast and so I decided to look for a recipe for it on my ipod touch while still in bed waiting for my two favorite persons in the world to wake up.


I found out that what I knew to be quesadilla is actually called sincronizada although both dishes are Mexican in origin. Here's what I found out on wikepedia: " The main difference between the real quesadilla and the sincronizadas is the obligatory inclusion of ham in the dish and the main ingredient used to make the tortilla (wheat flour instead of corn flour, masa harina). Also note a quesadilla is made of a single folded and filled corn tortilla, while the sincronizada is prepared like a sandwich."  And so, I called my recipe Sincronizada ala Julia. I put eggs in it because this was for our brunch.


I thought I had spring onions that we bought yesterday during our weekly shopping. I remember holding a pack of it but I apparently forgot to put it inside my cart.  This is why instead of spring onions, I used shallot.

Ingredients:


2 pcs. whole wheat tortillas
2 large eggs, scrambled and seasoned with salt
2 red tomatoes, de-seeded and chopped
1 shallot, sliced thinly
3 slices of salami, diced
around 1 cup of mozarella cheese, grated
a pinch of ground coriander
a pinch of dried oregano


Have all your ingredients ready (cook the egg, de-seed and chop the tomates, peel and slice the shallot, dice the salami, etc. etc.). Heat a pan that is large enough to fit your tortilla. If you are using a non-stick pan, there is no need to grease it, otherwise you can put a little olive oil and wipe the excess off with a paper towel.


When the pan is hot enough, place one of the tortillas, spread a handful of mozarella on top of it, followed by the rest of the ingredients (eggs, shallot, tomatoes, salami, ground coriander and dried oregano).  Spread the remaining mozarella on top and cover evenly with the second tortilla.  


Grill for two to three minutes each on both sides until the tortillas have turned light brown and the cheese has melted.


Cut into four pieces and serve immediately.   

No comments:

Post a Comment