Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ten Things I Love About You

Blogging about a loved one is hard for me. I can write about my and other people's boo-boo's and/or kalokohan, rant about anything or anyone, and rave about the weather or anything that pleased me BUT words escape me whenever I try to write about someone very close to my heart.

However, to mark the birthday of the person who has my heart, I will do my best to express my love inspired by the movie "Ten Things I Hate About You" (with a little twist of my own). I just hope I get to finish and publish this before the day ends.

* * *

Ten Things I Love About You

1. I love your sense of humor and the way you laugh at my jokes. I love your smiles too and the way you let me bug you when you are already too tired or have just woken up in the morning.
2. I love your sense of order yet you let me get away with my messy ways.
3. I love the sacrifice that you made to your career when you left your former job because leaving means less travels and more time spent with your family.  Even if personally, you think this was no sacrifice and that you love and enjoy your new job, I still say thank you and I love you too.
4. I love the way you play with our son after spending a tiring day at work. You could have just said that you are tired and would just relax with a bottle of beer or a glass of wine but you insist on your bonding time with C so that I can have some time on my own.
5. I love your eyes. They are not just beautiful but they also shine with love and honesty. I love it that every time you look at me, you make me feel pretty and sexy and that there are no secrets between us.
6. I love your body and your sexy ways but I won't describe them here. To say anything more might result in me being banned from blogger for adult content (is there such a thing?)
7. I love how you tolerate my addiction to facebook and bejeweled blitz but you never fail to give me a gentle reminder whenever you think I had too much.
8. I love your generosity. Beyond the material things that you have given me, I love the fact that you are never selfish with your time.
9.  I love the way you listen to my rantings and ravings and the way you put up with my noisy ways. I know how much you value peace and quiet and yet these are now luxuries since C and I came into your life.
10. Lastly, I love you for who and what you are, no conditions and without reservations.  You may not be perfect (you do have a temper, honey, hehe) but you are perfect for me.

I know that what I have written are just the tip of the iceberg. There are more things that I love about you but I have to keep to the title of this piece. haha!

Happy birthday, Honey.  Here's to getting old with you.

I love you.

p.s., I also love the knowledge that you will forgive me for this public display of affection despite the fact that you love your privacy. hehe

2 comments:

  1. aaawwwww.... this is the ultimate LOVE post ever! hands down! super puper duper likey!!!

    you are blessed sis and so is fafa M --- God is good! :)

    and colin is so blessed to be surrounded and raised with love. :)

    mwahugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aawww. That is soooo sweet! You're lucky to have M as he is lucky to have you, too. Love, love, love! :)

    ReplyDelete