Thursday, October 6, 2011

Our Beginning

I still don't know to this day how a casual conversation about shopping as a stress-reliever ended up with me being asked out on a date for that weekend.  One moment we were talking about how stressed we are at work and the next moment he asked me with "how about going with me to the mall this weekend?" and I said yes.  Later, he told me that when he left my office he said "Yes!" to himself and I told him that after he left the office I thought "Why did I say yes?".

From the time I said yes to the date up to the last hour when we were supposed to meet at the mall, I was having second thoughts. I took the phone several times and attempted to call him to cancel but there was always something that stopped me from completing the call. That something was "what if...?". What if he is the one I've been bugging God about for the longest time? So, I went to the mall and met with him and the rest, as they say, is history.

On that first date, I was at first uncomfortable but as the night wore on, I found myself talking with him so easily. The conversation just flowed smoothly - no uncomfortable gaps, no sudden silences.  It was simply fun. Then he asked me out again and my "dilemma" about going through the date or not started all over but I ended up going out with him in the end and for every date that came after, it became easier. Until one evening, he asked me to be his wife (less than a month after our first date).  Like at our first date, saying yes to his proposal came easily but this time, there were no misgivings, no second thoughts. It just felt right.

I will not write about the complications and the challenges that we had to go through as we were trying to get to know each other and building a relationship together.  The important part is that we came through these stronger as individuals and, more importantly, as a couple. These challenges became the foundation of what we want and what we don't want to be and become in our journey together. The more some people tried to keep us apart, the more we became closer.  Call it stubbornness, I call it Love.  And that Love produced someone whom we call Baby-bo.

4 comments:

  1. It is Love, indeed.
    And also, an obedient heart (from your end) because you heeded God's answer to your prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe. palagay ko yung bantay ko ang pumipigil sa akin (sabi ng psychic friend ng kapatid ko na may bantay daw ako hehe). sabi siguro hoy bruha matapos mong kulitin ang Dyos ng ilang taon, makinig ka na ngayon sa Kanya. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaww. Nakakatuwa naman. Love, love, love! :)

    Kisses to Baby-bo! :)

    ReplyDelete