Sunday, February 13, 2011

Out in the cold

Today is Mother's Day here in Norway and our little family will be taking a walk outside to explore the town (as per what I told my husband yesterday when he asked me what I would like to do on Mother's Day). This morning we woke  up to a bright and clear day but...

  Hubby: What does the thermometer show regarding the temperature outside?
  Me:  -28°C. whaaaat?
  Hubby: Yeah, that's about right because the smoke from the other houses is so white (etc etc).  So do we still take a walk outside?
  Me (in a veeeeery excited voice): yeeeeaaaah.
  Hubby: haha. such excitement. you said you wanted to take a walk today.
  Me: I'm an idiot, that's why

Despite my misgivings, we will still go out. And i think we will enjoy our day outside (i hope).

* * * *
Speaking of living in a cold country, I suddenly remembered the conversation I had with my brother one rainy afternoon several years ago:

   Me:  Mulong, please keep the flow of air from the fan away from me.
   Mulong: Why?
   Me:  It's cold.
   Mulong: What do you mean it's cold? It's so hot.
   Me: But i feel cold.
   Mulong: What kind of body temperature do  you have? It's so hot inside the house.  What would happen to you if you live then  abroad in a cold country?
   Me: Why the hell would I do that?!  If I have to go abroad then I will choose a country where it's warm, like in the  Middle East.
   Mulong:  What if you marry a foreigner and take you to a cold country?
   Me: Hello?! How will that be possible? I haven't even had a (Filipino) boyfriend yet, much more having a foreigner for a husband (*insert insecurity here).
   Mulong: Who knows? maybe it will happen someday.

Fast forward to today:  I am married to a German and we live in Norway with our little son.

Moral of the story: listen to your little brother once in a while. He can be right sometimes. hahaha!  Seriously, we should not discount something from happening just because it seems impossible at present. Things and circumstances do change and what seems impossible now may be possible in the future.    
 
 

1 comment:

  1. simple lang yan ---- "Never say never" (something that i have told you several times before.) *wink*

    happy mothers' day julia! (it's a privileged time to throw your weight around and "maginarte!" lol!)

    miss you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete